Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Back in Beantown Edition

Final Travelblogue: Weeks 12-13 of 13

So the last few weeks of my "adventures" in California happened too fast for me to blog about in a timely manner. But a few incidents stand out:

The Horror!
Went shopping with Tammy and found the most hideous couture ever.


It's like the bastard child of Cookie Monster and Sgt. Pepper. It's double-double-breasted for crying out loud! Oh yeah, and it's $4,195. Ridic!

Sing It Again Vusi
Heard Vusi Mahlasela perform at Yoshi's in Jack London Square. The intimate venue was the perfect setting to soak in the sounds of Africa sung by this poet-activist who has performed for Nelson Mandela.


Loved the music so much I got the CD. I never buy CDs. Well worth it. It's like a cross between Dave Matthews, folk, and well, African music. Mellow, hopeful, melodious.


A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Went to the beautiful coastal town of Half Moon Bay with Mother and Brother.


A wave of nostalgia flooded over me as we walked along the beach, picking up iridiscent shells and sand-smoothed rocks.


The California coastline never disappoints.


Meet Me in St. Louis, St. Louis!
Had an amazing 4-day fun-PACKED visit to see Mandi in St. Louis. Ever since we moved away 2 years ago I have missed her so much!


Mandi was the consummate hostess with the most-est. She drove me all around the city, she braved the 99 degree weather with me, and she even indulged my knitting bug and love of puppies.


She's one of few people in the world that make me feel more like myself when I'm with her than when I'm not. I have to figure out how to move her to NorCal!

3 comments:

Alaberi said...

You cut your hair!!! I loooove the update and all the pictures -- especially those from California. Who knows--you still might convince me...at least in the distant future sometime.

Can't wait to see you in a few days!!!

Alice in Wonderland said...

I'm going to keep posting breathtaking pictures of Cali until you come out there and see it for yourself! Open invitation...

Anonymous said...

Aww...the blue coat....good times *sniff* Miss you Christina! It was so great having you back all summer and I can't wait till you're back for good!