Friday, July 25, 2008

Pixie My Heart

It was bound to happen eventually.

I think most people have already long succumbed to her charms, so it was only a matter of time before I jumped on the I-have-a-huge-crush-on-Natalie-Portman bus.

What pushed me over the edge? Two things. Ok, 3.

First, you never see her. I'm surfing celebrity gossip blogs day and night but there's never any whiff of the lovely Ms. Portman. She's certainly never doing anything tacky or inane, but she doesn't even appear on the radar mostly!

That's discreet, subtle, crush-worthy. Humility is underrated, especially in Hollywood.

And Natalie is so much classier than her much-toted counterpart, Scarlett Johansson. They're both known for being more mature than your typical starlett, but ScarJo is like the low-rent, lamer version.

Second, Natalie's brilliant.

And third, I saw her on Project Runway this week as a guest judge and she could not BE anymore adorable. She was humble, sweet, insightful, kind, unaffected, real, genuine, sincere, articulate...need I go on? I saved it on my tivo just to watch her talk about fabric and fashion over and over again. Sigh...so lovely.

Natalie for president!

5 comments:

tiptoptam said...

I downloaded that project runway episode but haven't been able to watch it yet. Now I'm looking forward to it! Never had much of an opinion on Natalie Portman but I agree 100% that ScarJo has nothing on her. Scarlett Johannsen is skanky! And she has that slutty man's voice thing going on. I will NEVER believe that is just her natural voice...it's an affectation!!! I don't get why people like her. Well, yes, I do, but I'm not a man so that doesn't mean much to me.

Portia said...

Agreed. She's adorable.

I saw her once in H.Sq. Wearing jeans, t-shirt, and ponytail and just walking along like no big deal. I had to do a triple-take to even realize it was her.

Alice in Wonderland said...

Tammy-Ha! You made me almost die laughing. Yes, her breathy man voice is quite off-putting. And, on another note, glad you're a fan of Project Runway. We can snark about the contestants together yay!

Portia-Are you serious?! I would give my left eye to see her walking around!!! Ok, that manner of speaking is awkard...but you are SO lucky!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about Natalie. Just this weekend Marcus and I watched V for Vendetta (which is my favorite movie with her) and Beautiful Girls.

Anonymous said...

I just watch The Professional last weekend. Can't get enough of Natalie! She is phenominal even at age 12!