Wednesday, July 08, 2009

**Dispatch from the frontlines of the corporate firm world

1800 hours

Death by a thousand papercuts ensues.

I have become a drafting machine.

I eat, drink, pee and draft. That is all I do for 14 hours a day.

Provisions in the barracks (read: office) have been replenished with almonds and chocolate.

When will this barrage of work cease? It has lasted for a record 3 months now and no real end in sight.

Must take vacation before more work gets piled on.

Alice out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully it's not because your company has had lay offs!

Alice in Wonderland said...

No, thankfully. I now realize my company actually takes pride in its fiscal conservatism and makes it a point to not lay anyone off due to economic downturns...pretty sweet for us workers!