Tuesday, December 08, 2009

The Drunken Bathtub



Apparently there’s a world of judgment for the person at the grocery checkout who asks the clerk to unlock the liquor cabinet and hand her the cheapest vodka the store sells.

Even as we made our way to the glass case I could feel the eyes of the other patrons boring a hole in my back. I felt their eyes widen when I asked, “Are you sure this is the cheapest?”

A toothless, disheveled old man flashed a big gummy smile at me on my way back to the register. I guess he thought I was his peer now.

But darn it, I was not going to let dirty looks from strangers get in the way of trying out the most ingenious cleaning technique I’ve ever heard of--cleaning with cheap vodka (thanks Kirstie Alley and Oprah). It’s almost odorless, non-toxic and kills germs! Seriously, I would clean a lot more if I found products that didn’t make me feel like I was shortening my lifespan when I use them.

So how well does it work? Not too well on soap scum, but really well for tile grout and general surface cleaning.

4 comments:

insaknitty said...

wow. this is really fascinating. a regular old squeezy top fits? I think I need to try this!

Alice in Wonderland said...

Yep, I literally exchanged the squeeze top on a "Fantastik" spray bottle with the vodka cap. But beware the judgment! Maybe next time I'll wear a baseball cap and sunglasses.

sammy z said...

so does that mean you can drink and clean at the same time? That's good multitasking

Alice in Wonderland said...

Ha Sammy, somehow this kind of multitasking would prob end up being LESS efficient ;-)