Thursday, April 07, 2016

My Life: A Long Downhill Slide

Ugh, I'm so behind on blogging. Massive photo dump time!

My life is in complete shambles after being pelted with 3 weeks of crazy sh*t storms. Nothing totally catastrophic, but things disruptive enough to decimate several days of productivity.

First, I broke my right arm bone (a radial head fracture for all you anatomy nerds out there). Goodbye one solid week of productivity.

The next week Judah had Spring break. Goodbye another solid week of productivity.

And then Noah's preschool teacher quit and before she could finish her last 2 weeks, was fired all of a sudden. There has been some shady stuff going on with management so I just pulled Noah out this week. So goodbye third consecutive week of productivity!

But time stops for no one! Spring has sprung!

How do I know? Judah's school is pushing "spring portraits" on parents. Portrait companies are so smart now - why settle for ONE school picture a year when you can do two?

But not smart enough for this cheap Asian parent. Picture of a picture - voila!


Easter came and went. It was great and I especially love our Easter selfie because he's still at the age when he is thrilled to take a picture with his mom. Judah is saying "Happy Easter!"


Although Noah's birthday is in January, he usually doesn't get his well-check ups until March because (a) I'm a germaphobe and try not to step into a doc's office during flu season and (b) I just can't get my act together until many months later.


Noah is doing great, but the doc was worried he didn't have both testacles descended. I was shocked. And then ensued a really awkward conversation with his male doc, complete with hand gestures, about the male anatomy and how I need to look for my toddler's parts during his next warm bath.

Which I did, and I'm happy to report, crisis averted.

During Judah's Spring Break, Noah still went to preschool. And Judah started missing his brother a lot. So I told Judah to do what I always tell him to do when he has overwhelming feelings - write and draw. How can a mother's heart not treasure this forever?!


During Judah's spring break we frolicked a lot outside.


Judah actually climbed to the top of this ridge one day, came back with a handful of poppies and declared - I found heaven!

Me too my love, I'm looking right at it.

We also finally renewed our zoo membership after letting it lapse for 2 years. Now that the kids are 3 and 5 (and avid fans of Wild Kratts) zoo trips are a lot more fun.

But their favorite thing there is still the rides.


Yesterday it was crazy hot - 90+ degrees! so we pretended it was Summer for one day and broke out all the warm weather stuff.

The brothers opened an ice cream and cookies shop:


And then I told them they could play with water after lunch, which elicited the biggest mid-day grins ever:


And then they splashed around the baby tub and realized quickly, it wasn't that fun.


And then Noah was suicidal...or maybe just thirsty.


But honestly, this pic sums up how I feel pretty well. 3 straight weeks of pain, disruption and constant child care and I'm done. D.O.N.E.

Tomorrow I visit a new preschool for Noah and, fingers-crossed, they will be the solution to all my problems. PLEASE, Lord, have mercy.

2 comments:

The Flower said...

I seriously love your blog. It's cathartic; I empathize on some points and totally not on others; I love the honesty/dramatization/dramatic honesty(?). I look forward to reading it. You should get paid for your posts.:) I wish I can meet you someday. Lol!

Alice in Wonderland said...

@The Flower - thank you! Your sweet kind words totally made my day! Truly!