Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Blame it on the Rain

Oh the futility of trying to stay dry when it's pouring cats and dogs!

While crossing a busy street today, I jumped over a puddle, trying to avoid getting my beloved pants wet, and then horror struck.

Instead of landing on my right foot, I keeled onto my right ankle, and sprained it. And then, trying to compensate, I shifted my weight onto my left side and ended up keeling onto my left ankle and sprained it. Finally, losing my balance altogether, I fell forward into a deep puddle, scraping my right knee and yes...

after all that, getting my pants entirely soaking wet.

(And now I'm a cripple to boot. I've got two busted ankles and one sad limpy gait).

5 comments:

Morris said...

That really stinks! I hope you have a very quick recovery!

In the mean time, relax, take it easy, and catch a movie or two

Alaberi said...

:-( :-( :-(

poor girl. *hug* I'm sorry to hear that the rain did you wrong. Boooo.

I also had a mishap in the rain yesterday. Was walking home (in my suit, high heels, and carrying my new laptop and an umbrella) and it was also pouring down rain--and tripped on the slippery sidewalk, and fell--knees first - computer went flying onto the sidewalk, my new heels now have scuffs, and thankfully my suit pants were okay. most of all, my computer is fine (THANK GOD!), as are my knees. Scary, though.

Here's to sunny days--for both of us. :-)

Anonymous said...

I gasped reading your entry. Poor Christina! Are your ankles feeling better? Are your pants salvageable? It's good it wasn't both arms though. My cousin broke both arms once and we kept asking him who wiped his butt.

Alice in Wonderland said...

My ankles are feeling much better. "We are bruised not broken." (line from Jewel)

Thanks for all your concern.

Virenda said...

Holy hell woman! You've done yourself in.

Sure hope you heal and fast cause that sucks. Royally.