Tuesday, September 25, 2007

That old familiar feeling

Lately I've been walking around in a daze,
thinking about everything and nothing,
contemplating my navel and my gut,
and getting nowhere it seems.

I have way too much unstructured time on my hands.

Last time this happened, I decided to go to lawschool.
And the time before that, seminary.
And the time before that, to be a classical languages major.

This time...
it's not like I can run off and start a new venture now, since the jaws of death (i.e., working for a law firm) is waiting for me right around the corner.

But in the few remaining months, I have just enough time to drive myself crazy thinking about where my life is going and not enough time to do anything about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, well, then I think it's a very good thing that the fall tv season starts this week. That's always been my favorite way of coping with too much time. You can lose yourself in the troubles of the Dunder Mifflin crew (starts tomorrow!).

Alice in Wonderland said...

Yeah. In the last few days I've tried Kid Nation, Journeyman, Bionic Woman, and Chuck. All of them are charming enough...but they just don't grab me. I yearn for the days when endless back-to-back episodes of Law and Order would provide a virtual world of order. and law. and order...