Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Help Me Gentle Reader

This week has been a rather slow week for me so I actually have a chance to post an entry before I zonk out for the day! I'll take this opportunity to ask you, my classy readers, about a burning question I face everyday.

Question: When you step into your office building (and it's just you there at the moment) should you greet the security person?


Everyday when I walk in the building I start worrying about what to do as I walk by the security person's desk. I'm almost always alone (I get to work late) and it's almost always the same guy. Tall, Asian, young, nerdy, nice looking fellow.

At first I avoided his gaze 'cuz I thought he was smiling a bit too eagerly. But then I noticed some of my officemates greeting Asian Guy as they walked past. Was I remiss not to do the same?

Tomrrow will be the 49th time I walk by. Isn't it too late to start saying hello?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! Such a Seinfeld issue. I would nod and smile. We have the same type of thing at my building. I've been nodding and smiling for awhile now, so now we sometimes say "hello" politely to each other. Other times, we just still nod and smile. I would think that the security guard gets tired of acknowledging every person that comes into the building - but maybe it helps the time pass.

Alaberi said...

Haha - I think it's good to get to know the security folks. Just keep that wedding ring in sight though. ;-)

I miss you THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS much!

Love,
alaberi