Saturday, May 16, 2009

Say hello to my little friends...

It seems like everyone has a blog these days--celebrities, publications, professors...

But ironically it also seems that the era of the personal blog--the little, unknown Joe Schmoe blogger--is coming to its demise.

I remember the heyday of the Joe Schmoe blogs--Blogger was all the rage and people were jumping ship from LiveJournal like it was going out of style (cuz it was!). Ah 2003--when my list of blog links was long and yielded many hours of voyeuristic pleasure.

Now most of those links have been taken down and the ones that are still there reveal cobwebbed sites that haven't been updated for months (even years!)

What happened? Why have people become so disenchanted with blogging after being seemingly enthralled by it just a few years ago? Is personal expression not all it was cracked up to be? Did they just run out of things to talk about?

Or did they get a real life?

For whatever reason, it's a rare thing for me to find new personal blogs to follow. But here's a few I've stumbled across recently (and added to my right-side menu):

Enjoy 'em before they go the way of all personal blogs...

Writer, Dieter, Friend

Cool single gal pal from Boston talks about life in general and exercise and nutrition in particular.








Angry Asian Man

Don't know this guy personally, but love that he tries to break Asian stereotypes. But really, can we ever break away from science, math and the pursuit of higher degrees?







Not So Angry Asian Woman

Thoughtful commentary on the modern Asian-American female experience and contributing author of a book on the same.








The Seoul Diaries

A friend in search of his soul(mate?) in Seoul.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. I didn't realize I would make your blog post.

LOVE the "Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye" book. My heart was already starting to change and desire contentment instead of an attitude of seeking and this book has confirmed it, and challenged me in a few areas as well (i.e. Is my focus in being healthier for me or to glorify God?) I want to give it to every woman I know.