Monday, March 29, 2010

Peon-0; Firm-1

I've decided to keep score.

I'm going to count and record all the times my job unexpectedly pwns my weekend or vacation.

Last weekend is Pwnage #1 of 2010. I got a warning Friday morning that an assignment will drop in my inbox at around 5pm that day. And I'll, unfortunately, have to work for about 10 hours on the weekend to finish it up.

The irony is the document did not come in Friday night. Or Saturday. Or Sunday. But I still cleared my schedule and lived like I was under house arrest.

Okay, truth be told, it wasn't that bad. I still went shopping, played board games, visited a friend, and ran errands. But if the circumstances were different, it could've been a total disaster!

In other news--I got really depressed this weekend thinking about how my days of freedom and frolicking on a whim are soon to be over. With an infant, it will no longer be possible to live a care-free, unfettered existence. :-(

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Awww, you're like an on-call doctor! I hope your firm doesn't pwn you this weekend and screw up our fried chicken plans.

Your parents are in the area right? Free babysitting means your unfettered carefree days are not over yet :)

Alice in Wonderland said...

Yeah, I'll be seriously pissed if they mess with our chicken date! And you're right, I totally forgot about the grandparents. Hopefully they turn out to be the kind who love hanging out with their grandkids A LOT.