Monday, September 12, 2011

We Found Mary Poppins!

We have been so very blessed to find the kindest, most loving nanny for Judah. She plays with him and gives him her full attention all day, every day. She is a tremendous answer to prayer and makes me feel 100% worry free when I leave my baby every day to go to work.

Often times she'll buy him toys and things that he needs, like snacks and a little bucket hat. She trains him to sit still when putting on his shoes and to lift his little arms up so she can pull his shirt over his head. She reads him book after book after book and teaches him lots of words in Spanish. And she takes him on a big outing every day, to the park, to the store, to Barnes and Noble, to Petco, etc.

Once she took Judah to B&N and our friend just happened to be there too. Our friend recognized Judah and watched the way our nanny interacted with him. She said it almost moved her to tears--Judah's nanny was so attentive and loving. What an amazing confirmation! I highly recommend having a friend "spy" on your nanny because there are so many who just talk on their cell phones all day and completely ignore your kid. I've seen them all over town!

But, judging from this text picture Judah's nanny sent me one day it's clear she has one glaring limitation...


She's obviously colorblind!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

LOLOL!! I love this post - and I'm so glad you found a good nanny for Judah :)

Alice in Wonderland said...

Thanks Tam! Let me know if you're ever in the hood. Miss you!