Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Hey, I'm Wearing Orange, What Do You Want From Me

You can always tell when my life has completely imploded by the lack of new blog entries here. The past 4 weeks have been an ever-building work disaster culminating in last week's hurricane of despair and fury.

Of course, when work gets crazy, my body also likes to get in on the fun and go crazy too...so of course it chose exactly that moment to break down in a way that I haven't experienced in years--diarrhea!

Yes, sorry for bringing such a gross word to your attention, but that's the disgusting cherry that topped my sundae of work/life hell. (Okay, the imagery there was also very inconsiderate, again, sorry). But truly there's nothing better than working 15 hour days, stressed out of my mind, while being dehydrated and dizzy and painfully bloated.

And add to that mix the aching feeling of missing my little man--oh how I missed that guy while I slaved away.

Judah is at such a cute and fun stage now. He's aware of everything and soaking it all in like a sponge. He understands language completely and truly interacts with people now. I used to be quite happy to leave him while I went off to work when he was a 'know-nothing' baby. But now it makes me truly sad to miss out on time with him because it's so much more meaningful and relational.

Nevertheless, we did do at least one fun thing during my hell-week--trick or treating!

Trick-or-treat!  I know you're in there!

The gated complex we live in had quite a few little kids, including our lovely neighbors and their little ballerina so we all went around and knocked on a few doors.

Yes, I'm that poor kid whose parents didn't get him a real costume.


Judah is obsessed with Mackenzie's teapot and teacup, which makes an awesome water pouring noise when you tip it over. You can see his death-grip on it here.  And you can also see Mackenzie wondering--why is this kid so obsessed with my teapot?

Judah is a geisha in training.


Judah ended up with lots of candy, which of course we'll never give him to eat.  One day, when he does finally taste candy for the first time, at age 8, his mind will be blown.

Hello Mr. Jack-o-lantern, I don't believe we've met before.

No comments: