Thursday, May 09, 2013

Week 15 and 16

We are slowly, ever so slowly inching our way out of the deep dark hole called "having a newborn."

Noah's congestion has cleared up a lot in the last couple weeks, which makes me think he probably just had a lingering cold.  Phew.  Of course, being the control-freak that I am, I'm already wondering how I can prevent another horrible cold from happening to Noah--probably nothing more than I'm already doing.

Also nap-training is getting a tiny bit better.  Noah will now sleep a solid 45 min - 2 hours with only a couple minutes of crying.  Much improved but some days are still better than others.

And I met a couple more mom friends in my neighborhood so I don't feel as isolated as before.  One of them even invited us to her son's birthday party last week which was a major highlight for Judah.

Things have improved so much we even went on our first fun family outing in 4 months--a trip to the zoo of course.

Judah takes a rare break from his police attire to put on his "fireman" uniform.

Judah asked if the super-croc was "real" and got me tripped up explaining fake fossils for extinct animals.  Brain melt.

Obviously he had to drive the fire engine since he was a fireman that day.

This, ladies and gents, is what pure joy looks like.

But don't get me wrong, things are far from perfect still.  I still curse the mornings (but more so because of sleep-deprivation than not having the will to live).  I still miss Judah like crazy when he's away at daycare (even though I know I still don't have the energy to handle him more at home).  And we still have nursing issues--I won't bore you with the details but let's just say plugged ducts suck.

But despite all that, I find myself falling head over heals in love with my fat goober more every day.  It's amazing how different brothers can be.  At this age, Judah was so visually curious and wanted to see everything that he only wanted to sit in the Bumbo.  His core muscles became freakishly strong and he sat upright really early on.

Noah on the other hand is perfectly content to be in his reclining bouncey chair and can't sit in the Bumbo at all.  But he LOVES tummy time.  Noah is always trying to roll onto his tummy and once there, can actually lift his butt high in the air and inch forward.  OMG he's almost crawling!!!!!

I think we have a crawler finally!!!!

I'm allowed to be over-excited because Judah never learned to crawl.  He detested tummy time and went straight from sitting to standing to walking.  That guy had no patience for being close to the ground.

My two boys are so different in so many ways (though physically they're pretty similar--big and fat with a little head).  And I couldn't possibly love them more.

2 comments:

xtinehlee said...

HOORAH!!!! the tides are turning! :)

Alice in Wonderland said...

Thanks Christine! Hopefully you're on the upswing too!