Friday, August 23, 2013

The Perks

I know I do a lot of complaining about parenting.  I can't help it.  Every day feels like a battle that saps me of every ounce of energy.

At 9 pm when the kids are finally both asleep in their beds, I am so mentally and psychically drained that I literally can not get off the couch on which I catatonically lie, staring out into nothingness like a trauma victim, for at least 20 minutes.

But of course there are unparalleled highs as well as lows.  Evidence that kids are awesome?

Exhibit A:

They love eating wooden apples while exuding chubbiness.

Exhibit B:

They love playing with rattles while exuding naked chubbiness.

Exhibit C:

They wear matching shirts.

Exhibit D:

Did I mention naked chubbiness?  Yes?  It's worth mentioning again.

No comments: