Friday, November 18, 2005

The Dork at the Gym


Today I made a fool of myself on the treadmill at my school gym.

It was all stupid VH-1's fault.

My school gym is a TV-junky's paradise (which is the only reason I go) because every cardio machine is equipped with it's own personal TV screen and it has cable! All you have to do is plug your earphones into the jack and you're good to go. So there I was doing my usual walking at a snail's pace on the treadmill and watching VH1. They were showing "The 50 Most Awesomely Bad Music Videos," in which comedians mocked hit videos that are played in the background.

I snickered a little as they went through Meatloaf, Cisqo's Thong Song, JaRule, and JLo. "Don't be fooled by the rocks that she's got." one comedian quipped, "Be fooled by the Mercedes and the mansion and the furs, but heaven forbid you get fooled by the rocks."

But then they got to Nelly's song, Pimp Juice, and I completely lost it. One comedian said, "Unless there's a clinic nearby, nobody should be trying your pimp juice." Other comedians made "Eeew" faces. A black comedian said, "Pimp Jews? I don't want no Pimpin' Jews. And I don't want no Jewish Pimps either. What? Oh, Juice! You mean to drink? No way man!"

And at that point, I could not contain my laughter. I laughed so loud and hard and couldn't stop! But then I did something even dorkier, I tried to cover it up by ending my laugh with a coughing noise! So there I was, looking like a convulsing idiot, half laughing, half snorting, half coughing, and then laughing all over again cause the jokes about Nelly's pimp juice just kept coming.

All I can say is, you watch comedy at your own expense at the gym.

1 comment:

melissa said...

dude, your brother sells this at his store. the can, that is. it's hecka good! tastes like perfumed apple juice.