Saturday, May 20, 2006

I'm sorry! Please give me another chance!

Dear Inner Child,

I'm really sorry about the last few weeks.


I know I've been repressing you and depriving you of your self-expression, what with all those crazy finals and that torturous twenty-page paper you had to suffer through while Inner Adult typed furiously for two days, the whole time ruing the day she ever learned how to procrastinate.

And, actually, I'm really sorry about this entire year.

I know you were unhappy about my decision to go back to school, but I promise you, the worst is over now. From here on out, trust me, I'll make it up to you.

Even though I'll be working 8-10 hour days, the entire summer, we'll at least have the weekends together, right? Sure, I'll have to do some chores on Saturday...and that research project I have on the side...but I promise, Sunday is ALL YOU! (after church).

This summer will be great, I promise. Frisbee in the park, shopping downtown, walks by the shore...you'll see.

Hang in there!
Love, Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love this!! sorry i didn't read it sooner!