Saturday, October 07, 2006

Don't you hate it when...

Out of 20-some job interviews, by far the most "stump-me" question I got was this:

"What accomplishment are you most proud of that isn't on your resume?"

I gave the interviewer a blank look, which lasted a good 30 seconds while I searched my mental database for a good answer. Everything that I thought was great I put on my resume! Even the fact that I love stand-up comedy and the Food Network.

That stumper of a question was put to me last week, but it wasn't until this morning I finally came up with a good answer! Doh!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait - so...what was the one you thought of???

Alice in Wonderland said...

Values. I should have said how my parents imbued certain values on me and how I eschewed some of the more pernicious ones and found some better ones on my own. Sounds vague so I would've backed it up with examples.

That would've been good to show that (1) I am an independent critical thinker; and (2) I have good values!

But instead, I showed that (1) I have little control over my jaw muscles when I'm stumped; and (2) I'm feebleminded when it comes to thinking on my feet.

Anonymous said...

Haha, your answer cracked me up. But that's a good answer for all future interviews!

Super Ego said...

What accomplishment are you most proud of that isn't on your resume?

Jesus H! I can't find one thing ON my resume that I am proud of.

Losing control of your jaw muscle really bites. >_-