Sunday, October 29, 2006

I'm baaaaaaaaack...

All last week I was in San Francisco interviewing for summer jobs at law firms.

My firms collectively put me up in a nice hotel from which I had a magnificent view of the SF Bay and particularly Alcatraz island. But the Golden Gate Bridge was too far to the right for me to see it.


All week long I met with some 40-odd lawyers, asking and answering various questions about my resume, my interest in the law, and most pointedly, my interest in their firm.

Interviewing is not for the feint of heart. It was pretty grueling to be "interrogated" for long periods of time and trying to walk that fine line between excitedness and over-excitedness, which just smacks of desperation.

Now all I have to do is sit back and wait for the offers to start pouring in. That's sarcasm, for those of you who couldn't tell. I don't think I'm that attractive of a candidate since these firms have their pick of the litter and I asked more questions about "quality of life" than "quality of work."

My goal is to find a firm in which the employees work the least amount of hours, but which won't go bankrupt anytime soon either.

5 comments:

nafrica said...

you better hope the firms don't have some kind of amazing search software to track down this blog.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha. I bet you will get offers. I'm so glad to hear you're looking for jobs in the bay area; hopefully next time I'll actually get to see you! But that means you have to CALL, haha.

Alice in Wonderland said...

Oh gosh! I was so frazzled I forgot all about normal human relations. But let's definitely hangout this Summer (I'll be in SF the entire time)!

Anonymous said...

welcome back homey!!!! :-)

But why'd you have to go run off to SF??? I will miss you so so SO MUCH over here. Although...looks like I won't be in beantown either. So...we'll have to have lots of Rachel/Alice/Alaberi/Stephanie brunch/dinner/binners for the next year and a half.

Anonymous said...

Yay! you're going to be in the bay area!!! I guess all those "lifestyle questions" didn't hurt you tooo much ;)