Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Not-so-smooooth Jazz

I love me some Coltrane on a rainy day,
when cloudy skies are drenched and gray,
and the pavement gleams,
and it's dark as night in the morning.

I love me the ballads on a sultry sax,
and a mellow bass while I chillax,
with some Merlot,
reclining before a crackling fire's glow.

Or at least that's how his music makes me feel,
even when the reality is:
I'm slaving away at my desk,
sipping a Nalgene-knock-off of Crystal-Lite laced water
in front of the glow of a blazing
halogen lamp.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, can you listen to music and study at the same time? I never could.

Alice in Wonderland said...

Yeah, but only music with no words (unless it's Enya).

Alice in Wonderland said...

Peg: No I haven't tried them. And I would hardly call this poetry! Ha!

Anonymous said...

i'm not really commenting...I'm talking to you rather than emailing you. ha. ha. ha. :-)