Friday, November 03, 2006

First things first

I've sometimes wondered, of all the 3 basic human needs (to eat, to relieve oneself, and to sleep), which one takes precedence?

Well, recently while waiting for my flight to board in SF Int'l Airport, I had the opportunity to find out.

As I sat down, I realized that I was starving and wanted desperately to buy some crappy airport food. But then I realized that I couldn't get up and stand in line because I urgently had to pee. Yet the thing holding me back from going to the bathroom was my incredible fatigue. But I was too hungry and needing to go to the bathroom to fall asleep! Arrrrgh!

It was like Catch-33.

And so I sat there at Gate 9, miserable and deprived for a few minutes.

But then a beautiful thing happened. My body instinctively took over and that day I found out which urge takes precedence for me: sleep.

After conking out for 30 minutes, I then went to the bathroom, and finally bought an overpriced sandwich.

And all was well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

catch-33. clever girl.

Super Ego said...

That was a touching story.
I often do all 3 at the same time.

Alice in Wonderland said...

Ha! You rock Ego. You are my new superhero. No seriously, that's disgusting.