Sunday, April 01, 2007

The White White Mountains

The White Mountains is like the Yosemite of New England: a beautiful national park for campers, skiers, and day-trip hikers alike (like yours truly).


But very much unlike Yosemite, it's covered in snow even in the last week of March! Imagine our surpise as we descended from our car only to find four feet of snow everywhere and signs saying: "Closed for the season. See you in May!"


This was not the springtime conditions we anticipated...but we tried to make the best of it.

3 comments:

Alaberi said...

soooo fun!!! beautiful pics. I MISSED YOU!!!!! I have presents. :)

Alaberi said...

p.s. that's too bad that the white white mountains were closed closed. :( what did you do instead?

Alice in Wonderland said...

We hiked anyway! Of course the entire time we wished we had snowshoes on...

And of course when we left earlier than anticipated, I dragged Michael to go shopping with me. Which is something you and I have to do very soon!