Wednesday, June 06, 2007

These days...

...I've been watching a lot of Ugly Betty.
It's the corny show I didn't want to like but now can't help falling in love with. I think it's kind of irresistable because the characters are refreshingly multi-dimensional while still fulfilling their stereotypical roles. Willhelmina is a cold-hearted snake but has a soft spot for her assistant. Daniel is a playboy lothario but also has enough real vulnerabilities to garner my sympathy. And Betty. Along with her shining personality, she's bossy, plucky, annoying, self-righteous, and in short, a refreshingly real human being.

...I've been casual carpooling everyday.
Today was my nicest ride yet. By casual carpool standards, you could say it was pretty pimped out. Lexus. Leather seats. Nice Asian car freshener smell. The driver was a young Asian girl with blonde highlights who got fed up with the constant commercials on the local hip-hop station and played her own smooth-sexy-sounds mixtape. The crooner sang in a Justin Timberlake-style falsetto for all the songs and it was seductive.

...I've been working on my first official work product.
The first assignment of the Summer for me is a memo that has taken a full 3 weeks for me to write. That's pretty bad considering most people finish their first assignment in a week or less. Oh well. Whatever. It's hard to get work done when you're in the office for just 7 hours and you have 2 hour lunches!

...I've been eating a lot.
I was raised on frugality. You order from the dollar menu and your beverage is always tap water. So it's been really wierd to get a couple appetizers, 20 dollar entrees, different wine pairings with each dish, and of course dessert with each meal on a regular basis. I feel like a total profligate. But it gets "better". I go home on the weekends and my mother cooks mountains of food for me and stuffs me from sun up to sun down. Freshly squeezed grape juice, noodle soups, freshly baked cornbread, roasted pork, etc. I'm so up to my eyeballs in food! Ugh. Someone cut me out of my pants.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Stuffed with good food from sun up to sun down....it sounds like a good summer! I will keep my fingers crossed that your casual carpooling luck holds out and you get a string of asian girls driving luxury cars ;)

Alaberi said...

fresh squeezed grape juice??!?!!? that must be soooo good.

I miss you!

Alaberi said...

Alice! you must visit my blog and see PICTURES! *Certain* pictures! Of a guy named Brian! Come! Visit! Share in the excitement! (!!!)

I miss you!

Anonymous said...

yum!

hows the internship going? do u hang out wiht deanna at all?

Alice in Wonderland said...

Hey Joy,

I don't really hang out with her. She reminds me of Michelle...you think?