Sunday, June 03, 2007

Travelblogue: Week 3 of 13

Monday: Memorial Day

The family went to Berkeley's delightful Botanical Gardens for the day to sample their horticultural delights.



Here's brother and me at the Redwood Grove - a lovely area completely swathed in the shadow of magnificent Redwoods.





Here is a Monet-esque scene in this magical grove:



And then we entered the wonderful and wacky world of cacti. There were so many bizarre looking cacti in the greenhouse I need to devote an entire separate post to these otherworldly creatures at some later time. But here's a teaser to give you a hint of their freakiness: It's a masquerade cactus!



Tuesday: Regular
Went to work a little earlier today and managed to get in 8 hours! Woohoo. Not much else to report... The highlight of my day was going to Target and buying toiletries. The local Target is luxe! It's two stories and has a companion escalator for your shopping cart.

Wednesday: !Fiesta!
After work the firm threw a little fiesta party (for fun I guess). We did shots, ate quesadillas, and people were clearly tipsy towards the end.



Thursday: Italian Seafood
After work Stephen, Emily, and I went to this cute Italian place for dinner. This picture doesn't really do justice to the romantic setting. I felt like Lady and the Tramp could have an anniversary dinner here. I love dining with Stephen because he picks the best wines.



Friday: Real Work
So I have my first real assignment and deadline due next Tuesday. It will be a "memo." I'm a little nervous about handing in something concrete. Real work product, not just me b.s.ing about what I think I've found in vague research. Eek.

Went home to see parents and played ping-pong all night. Then we played Hearts and I unwittingly shot the moon!

Saturday: Best in Hair
Got a haircut which I LUUUUUV. I did have to ask twice for it though (after the lady was done I said I didn't like it and she re-touched it in some places). I felt bad about that, but it sure paid off!

Went bargain shopping with mom. I will only go bargain shopping with someone else whose judgement I trust. Otherwise I end up taking home a lot of crap because "it was cheap" and I'm hungry and disoriented. I ended up, among other things, with the best pair of jeans I've ever owned at an unheard of price: under $15. I was willing to pay $100.

Badminton with the 'rents and kronies. They kicked my ass as always, but I'm improving!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I want a close-up picture of that haircut! Where did you get jeans for under $15?!

Alaberi said...

Yes! I want a picture of the haircut too!!!!

That cactus is so scary.

Love the pictures of you and your fam.

I MISS YOU!

Alice in Wonderland said...

I got it at Ross!

And the haircut was just $12. Pictures will be forthcoming. However I'm a little chagrinned that no one in my workplace commented about my haircut. I cut a good 2-3 inches off! Are they silent because it looks bad and there's nothing nice to say about it? Or (more likely) they just don't notice. My brother doesn't like my haircut...