Friday, July 06, 2007

News FLASH

And yes, I mean a literal flash.

As I descended the steps to the subway terminal I glanced at the girl in front of me. Did I see, oh my, what? Yes. Indeed. A nipple.

I stared at the girl in Southeast Asian costume jewelry and a long skirt. She was clearly decked out in some cultural performance costume. And she was bare-breasted.

Yes.

There she was. Lovely and dark and descending the steps of the Embarcadero subway station in Downtown San Francisco. Topless.

If I weren't rushing off to catch a train I would've followed her around to look at other people's reactions. For the 5 seconds she was in my sight I didn't notice any gawking or dropped jaws. And I think that shocked me most of all: that no one seemed to notice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's it! San Francisco is officially too hippy for me.

kony said...

welcome to the gay area! i'll be in embarc. on thurs., if you're still around. :)