Sunday, July 01, 2007

Travelblogue Week 7 of 13: Over the Hump

Sunday, June 24: Feeding Frenzy

Had lunch with the George's with food from a charming French Bistro, a delicious wine courtesy of Stephen, and brought it back to their sunny terrace to enjoy. All that food you see is mine: salad, french fries, steak sandwich, and the BEST of all, a warm crispy puff pastry filled with apricot.


After lunch I swore I could not eat for at least 12 hours. But then I had a delightful bakery date with Tammy and could not resist the various types of chocolate cupcakes from Love at First Bite.


It was more like pain at first bite: delicious but painful when already stuffed beyond capacity. And yes, after 7 weeks of this I have gained a LOT of weight.

Monday, June 25: The usual

I'm getting more and more brazen at work. Today I took an unprecedented TWO naps at my desk, one before lunch and one after.

Tuesdsay, June 26: Go Giants.

Went to a Giants game after work to watch them play the Padres. I don't know the first thing about baseball and could care less about the game. But I figure it would be nice to see the inside of a luxury box, get some free chili dogs and beer, and chew the fat for a while.


I went home before the fifth inning, stuffed. Again. Did I mention I'm gaining weight?

Wednesday, June 27: Out of control

My napping is getting out of control. I sat in on a conference call today with a partner and an associate. As they went through the finer points of a fifty page purchase agreement I caught myself nodding off. Right in front of the partner! Very bad form.

Thursday, June 28: Tightening the screws

I really need to get a memo done by Monday but all the napping has really taken a toll on my productivity. I drank three cups of coffee throughout the day to try to combat the soporific effect of legalese and over-eating.

Friday, June 29: Goodbye, we hardly knew ya'

One of the six Summers left today. We all felt sad to see him go since he's a genuinely great guy. And I felt a twinge of jealousy as he left with an offer in his pocket. I wish that were me.

Saturday, June 30: Notorious T.O.T.


This little guy is a playa' for real. He loves the ladies, loves the bling (kept fingering my gold watch, ring, and earrings), and like most playa's, he's got a monkey on his back (but this one is a literal monkey backpack/harness with leash).


Had dinner with him and his parents...


and afterwards he showed me his crib, literally.

1 comment:

Alaberi said...

that last line cracks me up.

Those chocolate cupcakes looked AMAZING.

I miss you!