Friday, July 13, 2007

Travelblogue: Week 8 of 13: July Fly By

Sunday, July 1: Not Memorable

Monday, July 2: Not Memorable

Tuesday, July 3: Very Memorable

Today the firm went to CIRCUS SCHOOL!!!!!

That's right, I said CIRCUS school. Not clown school, that's different. But it was terrifying in another way...the trapeze.

First I saw the teacher on the trapeze and thought: Hell no, I'm not doing that.


Then they put a big harness belt on us. Tres chic, no?


I was shaking like a leaf, climbing up the 30 foot ladder.



Hands out, grab the bar.


Get ready to go...(They had to shout "Go!" at me three times before my leaden legs found the strength to jump off the platform).


And here I am, trying to swing my legs onto the bar so that I can...


let go of the bar and swing from my legs only!


So relieved to hit the net.


It was thrilling, and by thrilling, I mean terrifying. I want to do it again! Kind of...

July 4th: A Living National Monument

Spent the day with fam, hiking in Muir Woods, the only living national monument.


The misty shade of giant redwoods shielded us from the heat wave...


and made me feel like a child, lost in a land of wonder.


Brother lead the way...


Mom and Dad followed...


and stopped to pose for kodak moments,


while Brother studied the map.



And then we stopped by the gorgeous California coast line. Because we can. Because it's California: the best place in the world to live.


Thursday, July 5: Working hard to finish a memo due tomorrow.

Friday, July 6: Working hard to finish a memo due today.
Didn't finish!

Saturday, July 7: The Luckiest Day in the Year

Today I planned a Girl's Day Out in the City with Mom to celebrate her birthday.


First we went to get massages here:


Then had a swanky lunch here:



And then "shopped" at high-end stores (and by shop, I mean browsed and laughed at who would pay $120 for a shirt at Saks when the same thing at Ross would be $12.99).


Today marks the first time in our lives that I treated my mom to eat and recreate. Before I was too cash-strapped to even foot part of a bill from a greasy Chinese joint. But now, I have arrived: full-fledged adulthood.

Sunday, July 8: Self-imposed Deadline

I went into work today to finish the memo I couldn't finish on Friday. It felt good to finally get it done and not have to ask for yet another extension (which I've done at least twice for each assignment so far!). Yikes.

5 comments:

nafrica said...

I clicked into the photo with you and your brother. hehe. What's with your brother's expression?

Anonymous said...

Wow! you have the most eventful weeks! I love muir woods; went almost every weekend with my folks for two years. We have to get together again or you're going to be done with your summer!!!

Alaberi said...

Honey, you are the sweetest daughter in the world. Your mom must have had such a fun time with you!!! :) :) :)

I love the fam pics, and adore the naming of your brother simply as "Brother." I guess that's what I do when I call Gugs "Gugs." Heh.

Annnnd finally - circus school!?!! That's a new one. Where was Boulos for that one?!?! Left the Firm too early I guess. :-p

I miss you!!! :)

Alaberi said...

Oh yeah-- and "California: the best place in the world to live" was a shameless plug.

I still love you and miss you. And I promise to make it out to SF as soon as is practicable...

Alice in Wonderland said...

Ha! You don't miss a beat, do you Alaberi. I put in the "shameless plug" just for you. ;-)