Monday, June 23, 2008

Hellathon Week 5: Bitterness and Gall

I'm entering a new phase in bar study time, marked by intense feelings of rage and bitterness.

I'm starting to hate everyone and everything in sight as my bitterness toward Barbri grows to unprecedented proportions.

I resent their stupid Paced Program schedule that I've never been able to follow. Are they kidding me? I have to work my ass off just to do HALF the things on their damn list!

I resent their stupid study suggestions: 5-8 hours a day. 5-8 hours a day?! Impossible! My back hurts, I've given up tv, I barely check my email, I don't exercise, I eat crap, and I can only eek out at most 3-6 hours a day.

I resent their stupid graded assignments. Go ahead, fail me. Fail every single one of my essays. Fail me for the multiple-choice questions. Fail me for the performance exams. Up yours! I'm starting to nurture a cynical attitude to the whole process. Of course it's in Barbri's best interest to fail students...makes them study harder, lights a huge bonfire under their ass...not much downside for them either...

And I resent this whole notion of having to take the bar at all! I went through 3 years of an ABA accredited lawschool. Isn't that enough for you people?! You're the ones that certified my lawschool in the first place! Why the heck would you certify the school if you weren't assured that its graduates would be competent members of your oh so precious bar?!?!?!?!

Sigh.

Poor Michael. I'm a b*tch to live with.

:-)

5 comments:

Peggy E. said...

I find the whole bar exam unconstitutional. It's keeping you from your rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Alice in Wonderland said...

Very good Peg! And its cruel and unusual punishment ;-)

tiptoptam said...

hahaha, oh! poor christina! if it's any consolation at all, your blog entries have been absolutely hilarious. i loved the "up yours!" But awww, the halfway mark is a bad place to be. poor christina!! hang in there!

tiptoptam said...

hey, are you doing a bar trip? in any case, after you're doing with the hellathon let's celebrate with afternoon tea at one of those super-feminine calming tea places. We'll gorge on little sandwiches and scones and you can start to put it behind you.

Alice in Wonderland said...

Ooo...I love Jane Austenesque tea events. I've been to the Nordstrom's tea thing at the SF Mall (on the firm's dime) and quite enjoyed it. Count me in! Although after the bar, I may be too uncouth for such civilized endeavors.