Sunday, December 07, 2008

Odds and Ends

I'm not sure if its all the bad economic news,
or just my naturally pessimistic nature,
but I've been feeling a cloud of dread about my job.

Like any day the other shoe will drop and I'll be sent packing.

Actually I think it's all the internet surfing I do at work. (And the 6-hour work days). Those just seem like good bases upon which to get fired, don't they? I should be doing more training or administrative tasks, but I just can't find it within me to do boring things that no one explicitly assigns me!

Anyway, amidst all the job ups and downs here are some slices of life:

Michael and I celebrate passing the bar by going miniature golfing, something I haven't done since highschool. And now I know why...not very fun as an adult.


Soaked in a bathtub for the first time (with Crabtree & Evelyn bath salts and inflatable pillow).


The water was too hot. I felt like a poaching egg. Not as relaxing as I hoped.


Meet the newest love of my life. Got it from a guy off craigslist who had no idea what the true value of this 6'foot hunk of gorgeousness is. Let's just say I basically got an 80% discount.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think most non-retail businesses are slower around the holidays, so don't worry too much. I laughed out loud when I read the part about taking a bath. That is EXACTLY how I feel...like, this is supposed to be relaxing?! I end up feeling lightheaded and not in a good way.