Saturday, December 20, 2008

Tis the Season: Jesus v. Santa


This picture captures the essence of the holiday season for me (albeit in a very blasphemous way--my apologies to those who are very serious about the 2nd commandment).

This year Christmas totally snuck up on me. It doesn't even FEEL like Christmas. Maybe it's because the last 3 years I've been in Boston where it actually starts LOOKING like the quintessential winter wonderland during December. And now, this beautiful California weather is just not giving my brain the cues it needs.

But I think the real reason is because I'm working. School has such a nice rhythm, whith its big long Christmas breaks. But now that I'm a cog, it's the daily grind every day except Christmas Day and the day after. Christmas is no more special than Thanksgiving--that's a big blow to Christmas.

Or maybe the real reason is cuz I'm dead inside. I've heard that firm life can do that to a person.

No comments: