Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Office Party

Last Saturday M and I went to my firm's Holiday Party. It was my first corporate party so I was mildly excited.

Not much to report. It was unremarkable. Here's a quick summary: loud music; awkward conversation--smile, nod head, smile, sip champagne, repeat; and rubbery appetizers.

No wonder people get drunk at these events! The uncomfortableness of the whole situation would drive anyone to the bottle.

I guess working at a fancy law firm, I expected something better--fireworks and luxury! But apparently the overarching theme for our party was A Very Merry Recession: A Low Budget Affair!

But there was one big upside, M and I took a nice Christmas picture. It'll be a top contender for the cover of our Couple's Christmas Card 2009.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a cute picture! I REALLY love your necklace!

Alice in Wonderland said...

Aw thanks. It was $15 at Aldo's and I just found a pretty brooch to pin on the pearls.