Friday, February 12, 2010

Buttonless Zip and Doctorless Gig

Today is the first day I can't button my pants.

I went to work with a tunic-length shirt on and my casual Friday jeans mostly zipped up. I guess I feel proud?

I'm a little peeved that my doctor cancelled our once-a-month appointment. Her next available appt is 2 weeks later. That's an eon in nervous-pregnant-woman years. I can't wait 2 weeks to find out whether the fetus is still alive and kicking!

So I did what I had done last time when the doctor was too busy--I scheduled an appt with her nurse. I've never met my doctor and I'm beginning to wonder if I ever will.

Really, who cares if I never meet the doctor. I hear that the person who delivers your baby is usually not your doctor anyway since your delivery date is so uncertain. Did you know that only 5% of babies are born on their actual delivery date?

I just think doctors are so unecessary in the medical profession in general. We probably only need 1 doctor for every 9 nurses. Everytime I've gone to the "doctor's" since the age of 12, I've never seen a doctor--only nurses. And if you do see a doctor, I'm sure it's only for 5 minutes while the nurse preps you, and posts you, or whatever.

My doctor will probably never see me and won't deliver my baby, but will probably pocket a significant chunk of the payment for services. What a gig!

No comments: