Friday, February 26, 2010

Spoil Sport

The Conversation in the Car While Spouse Drove Me to the Subway Station this Morning:

Spouse: How are you going to avoid finding out who won the women's figure skating competition today?

Me: I'm not going to check any news sites today. Or even go on FB. It's a total shutdown of information until I watch the Tivo tonight.

Spouse: Why didn't you just watch it this morning?

Me: I thought you'd want to watch it with me.

Spouse: Nah, boring. I don't care.

Me: That's cuz you accidentally already found out who won.

Spouse: No, I really don't care. I only want to watch short-track.

Me: Short-track is crazy cuz the Koreans are on fire. But too bad the women's relay team got robbed of that gold medal!

Spouse: Well, Koreans don't feel too bad now because...

Me: Because...

Spouse: *Silence*

Me: BECAUSE KIM YU-NA WON GOLD?!?!?! Thanks a lot spoiler!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hilarious. :)