Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy Dueday

Happy Dueday Judah.

I wish it were your BIRTHday, but I guess you and the womb had other plans. Sigh.

These last 3 or 4 days have definitely seen a hugely disproportionate increase in discomfort. It's like the body hits the 40th week and everything drops. I used to think the bladder was squished, but now it's ridiculous. I'm running to the bathroom like a madwoman every 30 minutes, only to have so little come out. And everything generally hurts down there, like having perpetual mild menstrual cramps.

But I'm most worried that you're not getting enough nutrition as my placenta gets depleted. And that I might have to get induced (which probably means my hope for an epidural-free delivery will be gone).

My doula says I should take Evening Primrose Oil and get acupuncture to coax you out. Other people say I should take long walks. At this point, I'm game to try anything!

3 comments:

Peggy E. said...

Nipple stimulation?

Alice in Wonderland said...

Lol! I can only imagine how much you enjoyed typing that Peg!

Brenda said...

Any day now!!! And then your life will change FOREVER... :)