Monday, October 17, 2011

One of THOSE People

BEFORE I had a baby, I used to look at other people's blogs and think--I'm never going to do that.  I'm not going to be one of those people whose blog gets completely taken over with baby, baby, baby, all day, all night, only posts about the baby.

I'm going to continue to have my own separate identity!  I'm not going to be one of those people who has their baby as their FB profile picture.  After all, it's YOUR profile picture, not your kid's!  This used to really annoy me.  And speaking of which, this is my current FB profile pic:


So yes, I realize the proper response to my previous notions is--HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Clearly I had no idea, no real inkling, no shimmer of insight into how motherhood would change me. I have transferred all of my narcissism and self-absorption from ME to WE, or maybe more accurately, just HE--as anyone who visits this blog regularly has already quite easily surmised.

But really, how can I not fall in love with this big toothy smile and twinkling little eyes?

3 comments:

Arie said...

as deliciously adorable as he is, makes me kinda sad to see he's still wearing a bib...

Alice in Wonderland said...

I KNOW!!!! Everyday I think to myself, really Judah? Really? Still drooling? REALLY?!?!

nafrica said...

For some chuckles, read this blog post from June 10, 2006 - "Yeah, I Said It." http://onaxos.blogspot.com/2006_06_01_archive.html