Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thirty Something

This weekend a friend asked me how old I was. I answered honestly--31. My friend was skeptical as we traded Chinese zodiac signs. He accused me of actually being 32.

Without blinking an eye, I said--No, I'll be 32 in 2012. And that's when I remembered (a) the year is now 2012 and (b) that this (what's going on in the picture) had happened recently while we were in Ohio.


OMG! My mommmy brain (and perhaps a leetle beeeet of wishful thinking) made me completely forget that I just had a birthday!

How does it feel to be 32?  Meh, not much different than 31...which is not that different than 30.  But it sure sounds a heck of a lot older!  After having a kid, I prefer to think of myself as ageless...primarily because I honestly can't keep it straight in my head anymore.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh happy belated Christina!! Cute picture, btw!

Alice in Wonderland said...

Thanks Tam :-D