Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Idiots

I think we (the spouse and I) might be 2 of the dumbest people on the planet.

Who the heck thinks it's a good idea to host Thanksgiving dinner for 12 people 4 days after moving in to a new house?!?!

At the time, the spouse and I thought it would be an awesome way to do a little housewarming AND celebrate T-day with friends.  But very quickly we realized--we are truly stupid.

I may be smiling here, but on the inside I'm crying.

Those 4 days or so leading up to Thanksgiving was one of the most exhausting and stressful patches ever.  We could barely find clean socks and floss, much less all the pots, pans, utensils, plates, cups, platters and seasonings for real food.  You do the math:  

Thanksgiving dinner prep + 4 days after moving in + 8.5 months preggo + cooking and grocery shopping for 8 hours + 5 completely new recipes + really needy 2 year old = INSANITY (and really sore feet).

Thank GOD for my co-chef who made an amazing turkey and some great sides.

But it was a labor of love and despite the stress, I'm glad we did it.  We love our friends and we love opening our home up for food and company.  What else is a house for really?

Some of our lovely guests who made it all worth it.

But I'm even MORE glad we never have to do that again (i.e., move and host in quick succession)!

1 comment:

CP said...

Wow, you are a brave soul! Glad it turned out in the end.

Plus, your baby belly is so cute in that apron :)