Friday, February 15, 2013

Week 4: Noah in the Night

I'm going to keep this one short because I am SUPER tired.  Why?

Because our night-nanny left last week and I've been wrangling with Noah all night by myself for 3 days.  He's an easy chill guy during the day but night-time Noah is frankly a bit of a nightmare.

With the night-nanny he would only nurse every 3-4 hours.  But now that it's just me he wakes every 1.5 to 2 hours to nurse (he probably did that before but the night-nanny soothed him down again without the magic of boob juice)  On top of that he has horrible gas, and sometimes just stays awake for 2 hours--just for fun!  Bottom line--I've maybe gotten 4-5 hours of fragmented sleep each day.  An hour here, an hour there.

You're lucky I think your to cute to abandon at my local fire station.
It's so miserable I think I'll just let him sleep next to me so I don't have to fully wake up and get him from his crib to nurse each time.  Ugh, I feel like such a zombie.

Power to the baby!  I will resist the urge to sleep at night!

Sleep deprivation is no joke people.  No joke.

1 comment:

CP said...

I'm soooo sorry! I know how horrible alero deprivation is! but....look at that cute face!