Thursday, July 18, 2013

My Wonderful Wierdo

I know I'm way behind on blogging my thoughts about being a SAHM, but I just had to capture these hilarious moments with Judah before they're swallowed up by the fog of time.

First off...
Does this pic freak anyone out?

Who knew, this is Judah's worst nightmare?

Cuz seriously when Judah saw me shucking corn for the first time 2 weeks ago, he flipped out like he saw Satan himself.  He kept screaming like the exorcist, petrified by fear, until I physically removed him from the situation.

I guess whole corn can look kind of scary--it kinda looks like it has human hair...

Secondly, Judah is annoyingly obsessed with 'using' Noah's baby items.  He's always sitting in Noah's bumbo.  Always trying to climb in his walker and jumperoo.  And yesterday I walked into the kitchen to behold this abomination.

Straight up thug toddler life.

We thought it would be funny to take a picture and as we raised the camera Judah decided to flash us what appears to be his toddler gang sign.  Seriously, what is that?!  Wierdo.

Thirdly, I'm so proud that Judah verbalized his anger yesterday instead of just screaming and melting down.  He requested that I give him a spoon so he could spoon his hot chocolate into his mouth (instead of using the much more sensible lid and straw) and I said no.  Instead of crying, he said calmly, with tears welling up in his eyes, "Mommy, you make me mad."

Wow, what emotional control!  Of course I had to reward that by letting him drink his hot chocolate the way he wanted to.  And of course he made a mess.  At which point I said, "Judah, you make me mad!"

Lastly, this picture has nothing to do with anything.  It's just a typical moment in the life of a mom.  Half the time someone, somewhere is having a melt down.

Me and my naked post-bath angry bird.

P.S. Notice the lack of blue in Judah's clothing? This week he finally outgrew his "police" clothes fetish. After 6 months of only wanting to wear his police t-shirt and police pants, he woke up one day and picked out different clothes. And said "Mommy, I want new clothes." Ah, the end of an era.

No comments: