Thursday, January 12, 2006

And on the third day he arose!


If I had the patience to find out how to play music on my blog I would be blasting the Resurrection piece Bach wrote from his Mass in B minor.

It's a crazy, wild, full-on, thousand member chorus belting out: Et resurrexit! For the whole song it's just those two words strung out line after line. Et resurre-he-he-he-xit, Et resurre-he-he-he-xit! It's really out of control.

And that's the essence of how I felt yesterday after b.s.-ing through the last of my killer eight-hour exams.

For six months straight I've done nothing but study without so much as a day off, treading water like a madwoman, and now, finally, I can breathe again.

So now, please pardon me as I go crazy at Downtown Crossing today, (aka, Boston's Cheap Shopper's Heaven). I need to make up for everything I missed: Christmas, my birthday, and New Years. That's a lot of shopping.

Michael's ready too. He has it all planned out. He's bringing along some favorite magazines, books, Sodoku, and a fold-out stool. Unlike FEMA, he's prepared!

2 comments:

kony said...

What a good sport you married. Congrats on surviving your first round!

Alice in Wonderland said...

Thanks hon, I'm a survivor!