Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Froline Maria's Got Nothin' on Me

This seems like a nice feel-good quiz...

Instructions: Name 10 of life's simple pleasures, then pick people to do the same. Try to be original and creative.

1. Watching a steamy iron take out all the wrinkles in cotton dress shirts.

2. Jumping into a bed made with freshly laundered sheets and covers while wearing freshly cleaned jammies after taking a nice hot shower...to read a spell-binding page-turner.

3. Dancing like a maniac when you know you're all alone.

4. Singing your heart out when you know you're all alone.

5. Playing with a toddler or dog...no other "animal" comes close (sorry cat lovers).

6. Hosting a dinner party for six with matching dishes and silverware, decorated with candles and flowers, complete with appetizers and dessert, and of course, fabulous wine.

7. Reading a line that perfectly articulates what you've always felt but could never express.

8. Gut-busting comedy. The kind that makes you laugh out loud and snort up your milk-shake. It's even better when YOU are the gut-busting comic.

9. Pizza and a GOOD movie, both must be shared.

10. Being truly sorry and then being truly forgiven.


I tag: Alaberi, Quiet Girl, SuperEgo, and TipTopTam (and anyone else on my links).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO CREATIVE! i loVE this list!

Anonymous said...

That was a great top ten! I am going to have this some serious thought.

Super Ego said...

10 of life's simple pleasures AND be creative??? Sheesh. Just so you know being creative is such a complex pleasure, not simple for a simpleton like myself.
I've had this list prepared for some time:
1. making fun of my twin brother's appearance
2. psychoanalyzing friendly animals (its simpler than it sounds?)
3. Freak dancing while eating jelly doughnuts
4. shuckin' n' jivin' with my barber shop buddies (my imaginary ones)
5. playiing a song for friends and/or making them laugh
6. throwing rocks into the water
7. Saying the word 'vichyssoise'
8. recalling the laughs of friends & family, then picturing my dog
9. pretending broccoli florets are trees
10. drawing inanimate objects, then giving them legs, arms and a face and naming them (eg, mr. super tooth! or indifferent mr. garbage can)
11. BONUS! making lists of things
Was I supposed to put my list here?

Alaberi said...

allrighty Alice, I'm about to do your quiz thingie. And I loved your list too - especially 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, and 10. Yeah...pretty much all of 'em. :-) Nicely done!