Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Women I Love

I'm so sick of all the vapid, self-absorbed, and slutty celebrities in the limelight that I decided to pay homage to some of my favorites.

Unlike wonky-eyed Paris, or double-D Pam, or red-neck Britney, or crack-ho Lindsey, or barbie-twins Ashley and Jessica Simpson...these ladies have more class and talent in their pinkies than most celebrities can show for in a lifetime.

So without further ado, I present to you, the real treasures of Hollywood:

Lisa Kudrow - Incredibly real, incredibly funny, incredibly talented.



Felicity Huffman - Not a great looker, but anyone who plays a transvestite in a compassionate film and is married to William H. Macy is tops in my book.



Sandra Oh - Hard on the eyes, but such a talented actress! You never feel like Sandra is "playing a role." She's totally natural and unaffected on screen.



SJP - Once again, hard on the eyes, but such the comic genius and gracious talk-show guest. I don't care what nasty rumors were floated around the set of Sex and the City. SJP exudes good taste and dazzling wit.



Reese - I respect her for resisting the pressure to look Barbie-ish and never getting a chin-reduction. The girl is the epitome of Southern class and charm. You'll never see Reese in a ghastly outfit, nor her children throwing a tantrum.



Charlize - The only lady on my list that actually looks hot. Blessed with both ravishing beauty and humility, a rare bird indeed. I bet her depth of character has something to do with her tragically abusive childhood. Despite all her assets, she probably still has extremely low self-esteem...which is probably her saving grace.

3 comments:

JB said...

... the real treasures are deeply inside wherever.

Alaberi said...

hmm. I think we disagree on the beauty-levels of these ladies. But in any case, I agree with you on Ms. Witherspoon, cuz of all the ones you called out, Reese is definitely my favorite. :-)

Anonymous said...

You're probably right on about Charlize's low self-esteem being her saving grace. Oh the irony!