Tuesday, February 10, 2009

La Vida NYC

Ever since everyone returned from the Holidays, I've been busier than a bumble-bee on crack. Two deals heated up simultaneously which meant I worked on one during the day and one at night. And both on the weekends!

But I wouldn't trade those 12-14 hour days for the dry periods ever. Better to work slavishly and be tethered to my blackberry than to read copious amounts of nytimes.com under the cloud of fear and impending doom, wondering when a partner is going to come and give me "the talk."

The crazy hecticness crested during a very badly timed trip to NYC I took last weekend--my firm had their corporate training retreat in their NY office. I had wanted to see lots of friends and hit the city like a serious Asian tourist--rabbit-earing all over, but I knew work would probably overtake every attempt of mine to have a life. So I didn't make many plans.

In fact I begged my partners to not make me go to NYC. They all said, "Take your laptop with you. Learn to work remotely." And work remotely I did!

But at least in the midst of all the busy-ness I still got to hang out with some very understanding friends (who didn't mind me thumbing my blackberry every 5 minutes and having me change our plans almost every day!)

Met with Tiffany at Le Pain. I wondered briefly if they called it "Le Pain" cuz of the twinge you feel when your wallet is robbed of $12 for a quiche the size of your palm.

It's NY--you have to tip everyone, even the tin man.

Did the whole touristy thing with native New Yorker and friend extraordinaire--Alaberi! Wish we had longer together, but that gives me an excuse to come back real soon.

Time Square-not nearly as fun without the flashy night-lights.

Feeding our sweet tooths visually.









I <3 NY!

No comments: