Sunday, February 22, 2009

When is a Cheapie not a Cheapie?

When it used to be 2-3 times more before major discounts. (Thank you recession).

After slaving like a dog for the last couple months, the first real lunch break I got was spent in a mad dash to the local SF mall where I fell in love with my new favorite store: Martin + Osa.

Having just opened last year, they try to fill a niche consisting of a Banana Republic vibe with a tinge of J.Crew casualness. Most of their pieces are classically cut and consists of mostly natural fibers like silk, cashmere, merino or a blend of those materials.

And with incredible sales on winter season items and early spring pieces, I couldn't help getting these:

These premium denim jeans are the perfect casual Friday pair. Previously $90.00, they are now on sale for $50.00 (as are all their jeans!) When you factor in the free hemming service, which I got, they were a steal!


Which made me go back and also get...


This hot white pair. Making a come back for another Spring/Summer season, white jeans are onces again, the color of the moment.


This picture does not do this silk/cashmere blend cardigan justice. It's actually a vibrant pomegranate red with gorgeous tortoise-shell buttons. On sale from $70.00 (in store) to $50.00 (I think).


These booties were previously $160.00, but are now on sale for a mere $50! Most sizes have sold out online, but your local store may still have that one special pair with your name (and size) on it. Tall boots are equally obscenely on sale.

This last item was a total splurge--I admit it. This picture once again does not do it justice. In real life, it is the cutest dark gray fleece bomber-style jacket there ever was. I could not justify paying $80.00 for it, unless it was a gift.


And so it was. Happy Valentine's to me!

Btw kids, that's what happens when you're an old farty couple--you buy gray fleece as V-day gifts for yourself and "charge" it to your spouse. Forget jewelry and anything lacy, trust me, gray fleece is what keeps a marriage going! Ha.

No comments: