Monday, May 17, 2010

A Tip Top Tam Time

The corporate law gods smiled down on me this weekend and I FINALLY got to hang out with Tammy and do what we had planned to do months ago--eat fried chicken sandwiches at Bakesale Betty's!

The first time we tried, Tammy cancelled cuz she stubbed her toe and broke it!

The second time we tried, I had to cancel to work all Saturday.

The third time we tried, I also had to cancel to work all Saturday.

The fourth time we tried, WE DID IT!!!! And here are the pics to prove it. (Fourth time's the charm?)


Mmmm...it doesn't get better than fried chicken and pickled cole slaw. Tammy came prepared with her own saracha and garlic-infused mayo (which I sadly forgot to try!)--yes, those little containers are from her, not from the restaurant! Notice also, the dee-licious, fresh-squeezed, zingy lemon slush drink.


And of course, we (okay, really, I) had to have dessert. As a preggo, dessert has become mandatory with every meal. Fresh strawberries and whipped cream on buttery, flaky shortcake. Aka, heaven.


And as if fantastic food and great company wasn't enough, I spotted something I've been coveting ever since moving to the east bay--a (really good) knitting store close to where I live!!!!!! Um, I know where I'm going to spend the majority of my maternity leave time.


We spent the whole time rubbing our oily cheeks against their super expensive cashmere and angora yarns--oohing and aahhing. Sorry knit store! But they're so soft. So so so soft. Yeah, we kinda turned into Lenny in Of Mice and Men.

Check out these beautiful natural yarns. Made my hands shake and itch for some size 13 needles.


Love these nubby textures and deep colors. (Just ignore the fact that these kinda look like dreadlocks).


And cute-as-a-button buttons!


The best part is they have classes and free drop-in help. I can FINALLY ask somehow how to finish my half-abandoned projects!

And because it was a beautiful day and we both went to Cal, we just had to take a stroll on campus. We noticed this huge billboard of Cal students and, because we're shallow lookists, spent about a half hour looking for hot guys and girls. Yeah, some things never change.


Btw, Jen, if you're reading this--Is this a pic of your sister Carol?! (The top asian chick, second to the left). But she didn't go to Cal, did she? She has a twin somewhere!

5 comments:

insaknitty said...

is that article pract?? :) mmm... yarn...

Alice in Wonderland said...

Yep, it is! Good eye.

Tammy said...

OMG! I love that you commemorated our outing in a post!! I had NO idea you took that many photos in the yarn store. And we so did get all up in that yarn in true Lenny-like fashion, lol!! What an awesome day we had :)

Alaberi said...

C, omg - you are REALLY showing more -- and you are THE MOST BEAUTIFUL pregnant lady I've ever seen!!! And I'm not saying that just because I'm biased...it's true. You're a beautiful momma. :)

Alice in Wonderland said...

Tam--I need to make you a cashmere/angora scarf one day!

Alaberi--*blush* Aw, you're so sweet. It's funny tho cuz I feel so much smaller than the pic! I def think the camera adds 10, make that 20 lbs! Ha ha.