Friday, April 27, 2012

Don't Get Me Wrong

Looking at my blog entries, I think it's easy to get the wrong idea.


The wrong idea is that our lives are an endless string of nice/fun/cute/pleasant moments.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Just yesterday I was pining away for Judah all day at work. I get home and within literally 10 minutes of seeing him, I was already pining for a Judah-break!  Someone take this child from me!

I was hungry and thirsty. I wanted a snack but Judah wouldn't stop hanging on to me. Whining. Trying to nurse. Wanting to color and look at his photo book.

I wanted to go upstairs and pee but Judah was whining and hanging on to me...you get the idea.

Judah's not a very 'independent' person.  He has yet to learn (and we have yet to teach him) to spend large chunks of time on his own, doin' his own thang, so to speak.  So he needs constant interaction.  Constant.  And he loves getting up in our business.

Oh, you're opening the fridge door?  I want to poke my head in and look around!

Oh you're having a snack?  I want some too but I would like to scatter crumbs all over the floor as well.

Oh you're doing laundry?  I want to help and get distracted and play with the swiffer in the laundry room but you need to do it with me.

A hundred times a day I think to myself, man, it's a good thing I think you're so darn cute, cuz otherwise...

2 comments:

Arie said...

what's funny is I see you guys are putting him in those hideous fobby korean clothes Dad bought him way too early on when he was an infant...

Alice in Wonderland said...

ha ha, great memory Arie! Judah actually loves that shirt cuz he loves telephones. What a little fob.