Thursday, April 19, 2012

Part II of Part II: Our Story: Trouble in Paradise

So it's been awhile since I promised to continue on with our saga of being a working mom and leaving the baby at home.  If you need to refresh your memory, you can visit Part I here.

Coincidentally, I thought it would be fun to write about this saga as a guest-writer for another blog and kill 2 birds with 1 post, if you will.

But a little background before we jump to the other blog...

The nanny search.  The biggest roadblock to me being a working mom was finding a nanny.  Recall that my lovely sister-in-law was caring for Judah at first, but she eventually had to leave after a few months.  So with her departure date looming before me, I wondered how I would ever find someone as loving, attentive, and engaging as I wanted for my baby.  How could a hired hand ever love him like family?

I clung to the hope that out there, somewhere, were people who just loved babies.  Naturally.  It didn't matter if they weren't blood related.  They just love the little people.

And I interviewed like a madwoman.

I combed through ads, phone interviewed at least 20 people, and personally met about 5 or 6.  And in the end, my fervent prayers were answered, and we found Mary Poppins!  And that made all the difference.

There is no way I could have logged long hours in the office month after month if I didn't know my little guy was well-cared-for, well-engaged, and well-loved.

So now, without further ado, here's the rest of our story.

No comments: