Thursday, June 21, 2012

High Careers and Babies Don't Mix?

Within minutes of each other, 3 people 'sent' this article to me today:

Why Women Still Can't Have it All by Anne-Marie Slaughter (first woman director of policy planning at the State Department and Dean of Princeton's Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs)

Well, technically, only my hubby sent it to me.

The other 2 people (female law school classmates) 'shared' it on Facebook.

It's basically about her reflections on how motherhood and professional career success are incompatible, and perhaps irreconciliably so (yeah, I may have made up that word). I don't have time to write much on this right now, but talk amongst yourselves.

Women can NOT have it all...yes? No?

2 comments:

m.chung said...

I wonder if all the women at your firm are secretly reading it in their offices

Alice in Wonderland said...

I'm spreading it to all my female associates as we 'speak'.