Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Candy Man

Judah loves candy.

Hmmm...a rare vintage, I'm getting a hint of apricot...maybe a whiff of late Summer white peach...

So far we've introduced him to gummy bears and lollipops.  Of course, being the anal, over-protective parents we are, they are made with only organic fruit juices and no preservatives or high-fructose corn syrup.  But let's face it.  Candy is candy.

My hands are being raised in rapture and ecstasy.

Judah hates to eat so we sometimes bribe him with candy.

Lollipops are amazing!  I've never been happier in my entire short life!

Recently we've been giving him one lick of a lollipop for each bite of food.  I've never seen his face light up so brightly as when we place the lollipop in his hand for a lick.  These pictures do not do it justice.

I guess I'm not surprised.

My earliest memory involved savoring candy.  As a toddler I had frequent reccuring dreams about a giant bag of candy hidden in my house somehwere.  I was almost lured away by a kidnapper once who was offering me...you guessed it...a bag of candy.  And oh yeah, I used to hoard it under my pillow.

Apparently inordinate love of candy is genetic.  I just hope the kid also inherited my robust cavity-repelling teeth.  He's gonna need it!

4 comments:

nafrica said...

No, the photos do not do it justice. I've never seen Judah so happy and content as when he's sucking on candy. I think he enjoys the novel form as well as the taste.

Unknown said...

Haha that's so funny! When I was little, my mom would always hide our candy during Halloween...EVERY YEAR. Until she gave up one year because I would always find the stash. And she would always hide them in her car trunk. Even after I found them year after year...

And also, when I was little, my mom threw away a lollipop in the trash can. I wanted it, so I went to the trash, and walked into the living room (full of guests mind you...), with my hands over my eyes, lollipop in mouth. I thought if I couldn't see them, they couldn't see me...

Fail...

I'm such a fat kid. Haha.

Joy Lai said...

Kristen loves lollipops too! We frequently bribe using m&ms as well

Alice in Wonderland said...

Ha ha Kari! You were such a funny kid!!!

Joy--Good to know I'm not the only one using candy bribes!