Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Shee-shu

Judah loves to point out "Shee-shu."


When he first said that word, about 6 months ago, we were completely puzzled?  What?  Shee-shu?  What is he trying to say?

After discussing it with his Mexican nanny, we realized he was saying 'sucio', which means dirty in Spanish.

There's a lot of dog poop in our neighborhood, which Judah loves to point to and say "Shee-shu mommy, shee-shu."

But there's also a lot of occasions that he says shee-shu and it's not really dirty.  Like crumbs falling on his tray when he eats a cracker.  Or his hair falling on his arm when we give him a haircut.  Or the heather pattern in my grey t-shirt.

But Judah gets pretty upset about it and always has to point it out.  I'm starting to see that he's a little OCD, like his dad.

I used to (okay, still do) get so annoyed at the spouse for making me wash my feet every time I go in the house if I had worn sandals.  He doesn't want me to trek in any dirt from the outside world.  His own feet are pristinely clean at all times.  But do you know how annoying that is?!  To wash your feet 3 or more times a day?!

But now I see it's not totally his fault.  Like father, like son.

Apparently their dislike of shee-shu is genetic.

1 comment:

nafrica said...

Dirt is dirt. I don't understand how you can tolerate dirt.