Monday, October 29, 2012

The Zoo and Other Privileges

O Judah, you lucky lucky boy. We recently bought you a year's membership to the Oakland Zoo.

Judah loves spotting little black bears.  He exclaims "So cute!"

When I was a kid, my parents never took me to the zoo. I think I literally went once. ONCE. In my entire life, until this past year.

We looked at those bears for a really loooooooooooooong time.

Gosh, I sound like one of those parents that recount how, when they were kids, they had to walk a mile to school, in the snow, WITH NO SHOES!

For the first time ever, Judah actually REQUESTED that we take his photo here, in front of the otters.

But seriously, you have it so much better than me in so many ways. Don't even get me started on how many books and toys we buy you constantly. You know, when I was kid, I NEVER got toys except once a year, for Christmas--I got ONE toy. And you know what I got on my birthday?  Not toys--pajamas.

Judah is terrified of the monkeys.  Somehow I find that hilariously delicious.

Man, I hope we're not creating a privileged, entitled monster.

No comments: